When you get to the Shadowform level in World of Warcraft, you will have crossed level 29, and it is a growth, towards which every workstation user of the multiplayer online game would make hard attempts. Shadow Priests have enviable attributes, and make the players’ role much more thrilling. It can be highly exciting when you touch levels 30 and beyond, with characters like the Cataclysm Shadow Priest being able to slow down opponents by mere mind flay!
Popular races amongst Shadow Priests
There are different races of Shadow Priests. Each of them has various skills, including distinct trade methods and attacking skills.
- Tauren – A number of the Shadow Priests are also friendly, but most of them lack the power or friendliness towards techniques that players may use for increasing their health and helping them recover from injuries. One of the better known Shadow Priests in this category is the Tauren, who is big, loveable and slightly fuzzy. However, such Shadow Priests are rare and may not be ideal for short term strategy building. However, Tauren’s very weight works as his weapon. Players using Tauren are little concerned, as the inherent resistive power and sheer size provides for ample protection at most times.
- Troll – Troll is a favorite race of Shadow Priests for WoW fans. Highly recommended for combat, the Troll has tusk power like none other. Leveling powers using Troll is relatively easier, as compared to many other Shadow Priests that are more strategy oriented. Troll is also one of the swiftest Shadow Priests in WoW. With increased heel heights and reduced movements, Troll has also been one of the most effective Shadow Priests in impairing opponents. You may be able to feel the best effects of these features while you use a PvP. Not only are powers and agility Troll’s best points, but he can also bring great speed to casting.
- Blood Elf – Another interesting race amongst Shadow Priests is the Blood Elf – known for a stylish hair and a few select skills. Although Blood Elves are skillfull, playing with them can take some experience of knowing what the skills are, and how and when they are effective. While using DPS or PvP, the Blood Elf makes for one of the best combat substitutes for the easily maneuverable Trolls and some other Shadow Priest races.
There are about five other races amongst WoW Shadow Priests. One of them is the Humans, known for discipline and holiness. They also have great expertise with swords and maces. By choosing a Human Shadow Priest Avatar, you can also be enjoying a moral boost for the obvious difficulty in leveling. Supernatural powers are not so much a part of the human Shadow Priest race in WoW. The other talented races amongst shadow priests include Night Elves, Undead and Draenei. They are useful in combat zones, but are also great as tradesmen and professionals. Draenei is a jewel crafter while others are good at engineering, leather work, iron harnessing and alchemy.
Critical talents of all Shadow Priests
Once you begin to near level 30 in WoW, it can be exciting to know what common powers you will begin to enjoy in a few hours, days or weeks, depending on your enthusiasm. Following are some other common powers for cataclysm amongst all Shadow Priests after level 30:
- Mind Flay – It takes understanding the wide span of powers including the attractive Mind Flay – that renders the opponent in a confused state for a few seconds. You can use it at specific times, especially when the opponent comes too close.
- Shadow Power – The common shadow power allows all Shadow priests to enjoy the 25% increase in combat power. This is by mere logical calculation that the form itself and its shadow contribute to two fighting forces with one of them absent in two out of the three dimensions! The absorption powers of the shadows can increase by 100-200 percent depending on the mode you choose.
- Shadow Orbs – Shadow Priests and can cast their spells with special effects such as Mind Spikes and Mind Blasts. The strategic advantages of these powers allow Shadow Priests to increase the effects of these spells using Shadow Orbs. Extensive usage is seldom necessary, especially if you are on a good turf.
Shadow Priests in WoW have exciting resemblance with the dark side of social authority. Getting the Shadowform itself is a prestigious step for most WoW characters and players.